me

me
Cinque Terre

Friday, July 24, 2009

Waitin on a Dream

The family is almost here! They are in at 3 but I know if I head over now I will be waiting for quite a while. You know the time it takes to get your bags, get through the airport, get a cab, get to your hotel, etc. I have prepared a bag with gifts, uffizi book for mom, vatican calendar for grandma, bracelet for tess, wine, some travel books, and our itinerary. I regret not blogging for a while. I suppose you could say I have had a long week. I had a messy drunk night on tuesday, or school's going away dinner. I believe there was more wine than actual food. It was less than an aperitivo, let me just say. But I enjoyed being with my friends. That is until Vincent came up to me and said my hair looked a mess and I should have reconsidered letting it down and not straightening it. Perhaps he doesn't realize that converters don't really work with American straighteners. They blow up. Anywho, the night was interesting. Apparently I puked over someone's bed. Sad thing is I don't remember! I also had a lot of projects and studying to keep me busy. And we went out for blueberry steak at Acqua al Due (AMAZING! I made reservations for the family). But I mustn't forget to mention my lovely weekend in Capri, worth being penniless today. It was utterly breathtaking, a place left for dreams, deserving of a day without words, only sight. My counselors were a bit creepy, but they made the trip perhaps laughable in many ways, judging from their drunken escapades. I met a gorgeous couple from Australia, travelling through Europe for 8 weeks, just back from the racing of the bulls. That is all for now. Ti amo.

No comments:

Post a Comment