me

me
Cinque Terre

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

"There is no foreign land; it is only the traveller that is foreign." Robert Louis Stevenson

So yesterday was a bad day. I went to my first class utterly exhausted even they I went to bed early the night before. I fell asleep in class and as soon as it ended I raced home and got in bed. When I awoke from my nap I had the most intense, debilitating migraine of my life. I was dizzy, and saw spots when I walked upstairs to the kitchen to have lunch. After lunch I had a shower and felt as if my entire left side was numb. I thought I would pass out. I called my mom and realize now that was a bad idea because all I did was worry her. Dehydration? Heat stroke? I tried to make it to my second class but as soon as I explained my symptoms to my teacher she ordered to go to the doctor with my advisor. Once I met up with my advisor she took me to the pharmacy. The pharmacist checked my blood pressure and decided it was too high to not go to the hospital. Sally Heaven, my cute fashion-forward South African advisor and I cabbed it to the hospital where my vital signs were checked and I received a needle full of pain killers in my ass. On the way back I puked my entire lunch of chicken fried rice in front of my advisor on the street, arrived home and slept for what felt like days, and here I am today. Alive and well. I took it pretty easy tonight because I do want to go out tonight. the bar is called central park.

No comments:

Post a Comment